Corporate Governance for
Private Companies in Haiti
Companies Grow in Stages - Every Stage requires specific Governance Practices.
Objectives of this Private Company Governance Course
- Enable shareholders, directors, and senior managers of private companies to benefit from the practical application of modern organizational governance approaches.
- Every organization needs to be governed. There are globally agreed principles for good governance. Exactly what does that mean for companies in Haiti and what are practical ways in which companies can benefit?
- The key to success is to understand how to apply the common principles with practical tools to the specific circumstances of each specific organization.
- This workshop provides participants with a framework for identifying the five of the most critical governance challenges faced by organizations in different stages of development and offers practical tools for solving them.
Limited space! Enroll now to be one of 30 participants!
Here’s What You’ll Get When You Sign Up
As soon as you sign up you receive access to our online course portal. You get instant access to resource materials. The course is will be conducted live online using the Zoom platform over two half-days. The recordings of the session will be placed on the online portal and you can access the material for six months.
This course combines the most current and authoritative governance approaches from IFC, IADB, ISO, and professional codes.
Approaches to 5 Governance Topics
The course outlines five core governance topics that are found across all stages of organizations and outlines different ways for addressing them.
Live on Zoom + Recording
Take part in a live interactive workshop and get access to the recording together with additional resources on Syntegra's Institute for Transformation and Impact (SITI) Portal
Focus on 4 Stages of Company Growth
Private companies growth and develop. There are some typical stages and each stage has specific risks. Good governance enables companies to manage these risks effectively.
Develop a 3 Step Action Plan
Learn how to identify the stage of development, determine which leading practices is relevant for you, create an action plan around the 3-5 priority items.
Certificate of Participation
All who complete the entire material receive a certificate of participation.
Objectives & Curriculum
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
Module 1: Corporate Governance: What Is It? Why Is It Important?
- What is corporate governance?
- What are recent developments that affect private companies?
- What a specific governance issues that need to be considered by private companies?
- What practical benefits can private companies derive from good governance?
Module 2: Company Growth and Governance Challenges
- The stages of growth for private companies.
- How can one determine the stage a company is at?
- What are governance-related risks and opportunities associated with each stage?
- Five key governance topics through which the risks of companies in different stages can be addressed.
Module 3: Good governance practices for key Governance Topics
- How to build and demonstrate commitment to good governance
- Key governance decisions, how to make them, and options for configuring the governing body and governing groups
- How to oversee the organization and establish the necessary system of internal controls
- How to engage relevant stakeholders with appropriate transparency and disclosures
- How to structure the roles of founders, shareholders, and family in governance
Module 4: Action Steps
- Identify the growth stage of your/an organization
- Identify the key governance risks for your/an organization
- Identify what actions you/the organization can take to manage these risks
About The Course Teacher, Dr Axel Kravatzky
Dr. Axel Kravatzky is Managing Partner of Syntegra-ESG, advising and guiding leaders on how to develop, activate and amplify the power of their brand and people to positively impact society and the natural environment profitably.
As the practice lead for Purposeful Governance and Strategy he has been working with Boards of Directors, Board Committees and Executives for over 20 years.
Dr Kravatzky was the founding Chairman of the Caribbean Corporate Governance Institute (CCGI) in 2012 and lead the development of the first and only accredited Corporate Governance training programme in the Caribbean region.
Dr Kravatzky is the Vice Chair of ISO/TC309 Governance of Organizations - currently consisting of 78 countries and 25 organizations in liaison. He also serves as the co-convener and lead editor of ISO/TC309/WG1 which has developed the first international benchmark for good governance: ISO 37000:2021 Governance of Organizations — Guidance. Dr Kravatzky is currently also project leader of “ISO 37006 Indicators of effective organizational governance – Guidance”.
He has worked in the Caribbean, Europe, and USA with Senior Managers and Board members. He is an experienced Non-Executive Director and a member of the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI) and the Romanian Association of Independent Directors.
25 years ago Dr Kravatzky had the opportunity to work in Jeremy, Haiti, and based on that experience he named his first company Tet Ansanm.
Here’s what people are saying about the course instructor
This paragraph is optional, but you might want to use it to introduce your testimonials. If you haven’t got great testimonials yet, then check out our article on the secret to getting raving testimonials for your online course
One of SYNTEGRA's strengths is its international exposure and experience in the fields of governance & leadership combined with a sound knowledge of the specific challenges and constraints of the Caribbean and Latin American Regions. Interventions are tailored to the specific needs of the Clients allowing to maximize benefits in a cost effective manner.
What I appreciated most was SYNTEGRA's competence and dedication to the task at hand. Challenges and hurdles were overcome as a Team and the Client was enlightened and satisfied with the quality project outputs.
Axel is the consummate professional!! His knowledge is vast and his execution is flawless. I would highly recommend his services.
Axel Kravatzky was a speaker at our Human Resources Event in Paramaribo-Suriname. He presented a clear and eye-opening presentation to our audience on the Recruitment and Selection of Directors and Senior Executives and the role of HR Professionals in the process. We as the organization as well as the participants were very much impressed with the content of his speech in which valuable guidelines as well as key take home messages was shared. Axel Kravatzky is a knowledgeable, experienced, trustworthy and committed professional and we highly recommend him to support you in your company or organization.
Additional Facts about the Course
Duration: 8 hours
Skill level: Intermediate
All enrolled participants get access to a recording of the course together with the resources on the Syntegra Institute of Transformation and Impact (SITI). Register now and reserve your place.
Participants that who attend or complete all sessions, receive a certificate of course completion.
Sign-up Free Now.
Maximum 3 Persons per Company
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Should Attend?
Shareholders, Directors, and Senior managers of companies registered in Haiti. There are no other pre-requisites.
What Is The Format Of Delivery
The course is delivered over the course of 2 days in a live online workshop using the Zoom platform. Recordings and handouts will be made available via the Syntegra Institute for Transformation and Impact (SITI) online course platform. Every participant will receive a their personal and confidential login information by email.
How Long Is The Recorded Material Available Online?
The recording is accessible for 6 months after the workshop
Will Handouts and Material be Available in French or Creole?
No, the course and all materials are available in English only.
Can More Than One Person From a Company Participate?
Yes, up to a total three persons from the same company can attend.
Is ISO 37000 Part of The Course Material?
The course provides an overview of published material on ISO 37000 but the standard itself is under copyright and cannot be distributed as part of the course material. Dr Kravatzky, who was the co-convenor and lead editor of the standard will provide his interpretations on the content of the standard.